On Tue, 2013-07-09 at 10:30 +0800, Michael Wang wrote:
> Hi, Davidlohr
>
> Thanks for the testing :)
>
> On 07/09/2013 02:59 AM, Davidlohr Bueso wrote:
> [snip]
> >>
> >> OK, I'll apply the patches, we'll see what happens. If there significant
> >> fallout we'll immediately have more information anyway ;-)
> >
> > So I gave the v2 a spin on my aim7 benchmark on an 80-core 8 socket
> > DL980. Not much changed, most numbers are in the noise range, however,
> > with HT off, the high_systime workload suffered in throughput with this
> > patch with higher concurrency (after 600 users). Image attached.
>
> To make sure I'm not on the wrong way... HT here means hyperthreading,
> correct?

Yep :)

> I have some questions like:
> 1. how do you disable the hyperthreading? by manual or some other way?

Manually, from the BIOS.

> 2. is the 3.10-rc5 in image also disabled the hyperthreading?

Yes, I happened to have data already collected for 3.10-rc5. While the
runs with this patch was with -rc7, unless there was some performance
related commit I missed, I don't think the performance difference was
because of that.

> 3. is the v3 patch set show the same issue?

Uhmmm shoot, I didn't realize there was a v3, sorry about that.

/me takes another look at the thread.

Thanks,
Davidlohr