ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/2.4/

                 Intermediate diffs are available from
                        http://www.bzimage.org

In terms of going through the code audit almost all the sound drivers still
need fixing to lock against format changes during a read/write. Poll creating
and starting a buffer as write does and also mmap during write, write during
an mmap.

2.4.5-ac4
o       APIC parsing updates                            (Ingo Molnar)
o       Retry rather than losing I/O on an IDE DMA      (Jens Axboe)
        timeout.
o       Add missing locking to cs46xx                   (Frank Davis)
o       Clean up sym53c416 and add PnP support          (me)
o       Tidy up changelog in apm.c                      (Stephen Rothwell)
o       Update jffs2, remove abuse of kdev_t            (David Woodhouse)
o       Fix oops on unplugging bluetooth                (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
o       Move stuff into bss on aironet4500              (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Fix up alpha oops output                        (George France)
o       Update SysKonnect PCI id list                   (Mirko Lindner)
o       Update SysKonnect GigE driver                   (Mirko Lindner)
o       Add ATM DS3/OC12 definitions to atmdev.h        (Mitchell Blank)
o       Clean up atm drivers, fixed up user space       (Mitchell Blank,
        access with irqs off, kmalloc and use after      John Levon)
        free.
o       Update input device/joystick/gameport drivers   (Vojtech Pavlik)
o       Update USB hid drivers                          (Vojtech Pavlik)
o       Fix out of memory oops in hysdn                 (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Belarussian should be Belarusian according to   (Nerijus Baliunas)
        the standards
o       Support booting off old 720K floppies           (Niels Jensen,
                                                         Chris Noe)

2.4.5-ac3
o       Ignore console writes from an IRQ handler       (me)
o       Make SIGBUS/SIGILL visible to UML debugger      (Jeff Dike)
o       Clean up UML syscalls add missing items         (Jeff Dike)
o       Clean up non portable UML code                  (Jeff Dike)
o       Fix off by one and other oddments in hostfs     (Henrik Nordstrom)
o       Update UML to use CONFIG_SMP not __SMP__        (Jeff Dike)
o       Fix UML crash if console is typed at too early  (Jeff Dike)
o       Clean up UML host transports                    (Lennert Buytenhek,
                                                         Jim Leu)
o       Resynchronize UML/ppc                           (Chris Emerson)
o       Fix UML crash if it had an address space hole   (Jeff Dike)
        between text and data
o       Fix rd_ioctl crash with initrd                  (Go Taniguchi)
o       Fix IRQ ack path on Alpha rawhide               (Richard Henderson)
o       Drop back to older 8139too driver from 2.4.3
        | Seems the new one causes lockups
o       Experimental promise fastrak raid driver        (Arjan van de Ven)

2.4.5-ac2
o       Restore lock_kernel on umount                   (Al Viro)
        | Should cure Reiserfs crash in 2.4.5
o       Fix additional scsi_ioctl leak                  (John Martin)
o       Clean up scsi_ioctl error handling              (me)
o       Configure.help typo fixes                       (Nerijus Baliunas)
o       Fix hgafb problems with logos                   (Ferenc Bakonyi)
o       Fix lock problems in the rio driver             (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Make new cmpci SMP safe                         (Carlos E Gorges)
o       Fix missing restore flags in soundmodem         (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Set max sectors in ps2esdi                      (Paul Gortmaker)
o       Fix interrupt restore problems in mixcom        (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Fix alpha compile on dp264/generic              (Andrea Arcangeli)
o       Fix irda irport locking restores                (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Fix failed kmalloc handling in hisax            (Kai Germaschewski)
o       Add missing memory barrier in qlogicisp         (?)
o       Fix missing restore_flags in eata_dma           (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Fix procfs locking in irttp                     (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Winbond updates                                 (Manfred Spraul)
o       Stop network eating PF_MEMALLOC ram             (Manfred Spraul)
o       Drop fs/buffer.c low mem flush changes          (me)
o       Drop changes to mm/highmem.c                    (me)
        | I don't think the Linus one is quite right but its easier
        | for everyone to be working off one base
o       Revert GFP_FAIL and some other alloc bits       (me)
o       Hopefully fix initrd problem                    (me)
o       Fix kmalloc check in ide-tape                   (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Fix irda irtty locking                          (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Fix missing irq restore in qla1280              (Rasmus Andersen)
o       Fix proc/pid/mem cross exec behaviour           (Arjan van de Ven)
o       Fix direct user space derefs in eicon           (me)
        | From Stanford checker
o       Fix direct user space derefs in ipddp           (me)
        | From Stanford checker
o       Fix direct user space derefs in ixj             (me)
        | From Stanford checker
o       Fix direct user space derefs in decnet          (me)
        | From Stanford checker

2.4.5-ac1
o       Merge Linus 2.4.5 tree

Summary of changes for Linux 2.4.5-ac versus Linus 2.4.5

o       Fix memory leak in wanrouter
o       Fix memory leak in wanmain
o       Use non atomic memory for linearising NFS buffers as they are
        done in task context
o       Fix dereference of freed memory in NetROM drivers
o       Fix writing to freed memory in ax25_ip
o       Support debugging of slab pools
o       NinjaSCSI pcmcia scsi driver
o       Raw HID device for USB peripheral buttons/controllers
o       Updated NTFS
o       RAMfs with resource limits
o       NMI watchdog available on uniprocessor x86
o       Update CMPCI drivers (not yet SMP safe)
o       Configurable max_map_count
o       Dynamic sysctl key registration
o       SE401 USB camera driver
o       Updated Zoran ZR3606x driver (replaces buz)
o       w9966 parallel port camera driver (partially merged with Linus)
o       Include headers in etags
o       Don't delete empty directories on make distclean
o       Fix halt/reboot handling on Alcor Alpha
o       IDE driver support for Etrax E100
o       IDE infrastructure support for IDE using non standard data transfers
o       Run ~/bin/installkernel if present
o       Support for out of order stores on x86 with this mode (IDT Winchip)
        - worth 20% performance on them
o       Configure level debugging menu
o       Make BUG() default to an oops only - saves 70K
o       Power management help for UP-APIC
o       Work around 440BX APIC hang (eg the ne2000 SMP hang)
o       Run time configurable APM behaviour (interrupts, psr etc)
o       Smarter DMI parser - handles multiple use of names
o       DMI layer has blacklist tables fixing Dell Inspiron 5000e crashes,
        PowerEdge reboot problems , and IBM laptop APM problems
o       PNPBios support
o       Fix atomicity of IRQ error count
o       Handle PCI/ISA boxes that don't list edge levels but have an ELCR
o       Don't erroneously mangle settings on all VIA bridges - cures the
        horrible performance problem in 2.4.5 vanilla with VIA
o       Fix bootmem corruption on x86 boot
o       Scan and retrieve multipliers for processors (not yet used to handle
        the SMP cases where we need to disable tsc use)
o       Support machine check on Athlon and Pentium
o       Fix SUS violation with signal stacks
o       Handle boxes where firmware resets the timer to 18Hz (this should
        now not show false positives)
o       Better OOPS formatting on x86
o       Fix nasty problems with interrupts being disabled for long periods
        in frame buffer drivers
o       PAE mode alignment assumption fixes
o       32bit UID clean quota
o       Fix quota deadlocks
o       Fix TLB shootdown races
o       Experimental merge of usermode Linux
o       Fix memory leaks and othe rproblems with the iphase driver
o       IBM AS/400 iSeries virtual drivers
o       DAC960 null pointer checks
o       CCISS driver leak fixes
o       MPT fusion drivers for scsi and networking
o       Handle out of memory allocating request queue entries and avoid oops
o       Free the initial ramdisk correctly
o       Small CD-ROM layer updates
o       AGP power management hooks
o       First basic applicom driver fixes
o       Fix copy_from_user with interrupts off in cyclades driver
o       Fix out of memory handling in DRM
o       Clean up dsp56K driver
o       Update generic serial driver with break support
o       Clean up h8 driver namespace
o       Fix keymap changing problems in console drivers
o       Fix locking in machzwd
o       Updated rio serial driver
o       A2232 driver
o       Fix serial driver mangling of some clone uarts
o       Handle xircom serial port setup delay bug
o       Updated sx driver for newer generic_serial
o       W83877F watchdog driver
o       ITE8172 IDE driver support
o       Q40/Q60 IDE support
o       Fix nodma handling bug in alim15x3
o       hpt366 DMA blacklist
o       IDE-CD updates
o       Updated IDE DMA blacklist
o       OOPS catch for sg reuse in IDE driver
o       Support formatting of IDE floppies
o       Support PIIX4U4 (851EM)
o       Enable second port on promise pseudo raid
o       Support nodma on pmac
o       Support more PCI irq sharing on IDE
o       IDE tape updates - DI-50 support,
o       Much updated VIA IDE support
o       video1394 updated to newer module API
o       Support write on the input event driver
o       Quieten mouse and keyboard input drivers
o       Fix compile problem with pc110pad
o       Fix memory leak in isdnppp
o       LVM updates
o       Fix plan b locking
o       Fix saa5249 locking
o       Fix stradis locking
o       Acenic driver updates
o       aironet4500 cleanups, probe tables
o       Ariadne updated to newer API
o       Don't limit mtu to 68+ in arlan drivers
o       Updated eepro100 driver
o       Fix potential crash on downing a bpqether port
o       Updated nsc-ircc driver
o       Updated toshoboe driver
o       Intel Panther LP486e ethernet driver
o       Remove erroneous check in eth_change_mtu
o       Alternative xircom_cb driver
o       Avoid ibm tr being rebuilt each make
o       Updated ibm token ring drivers
o       Add 'static' to bits of ppp code
o       Add pci probe table to roadrunner
o       Fix memory leak in sk_ge
o       sk_g16 updates
o       sk_mca updates
o       Add tools to generate starfire firmware
o       Synclink driver can be compiled in
o       Fix possible oops in lapbether
o       Fix memory leak in lanmedia driver
o       Fix SDLA_X25 warnings
o       Fix syncppp negotiation loop bug
o       GSC parallel port support
o       PCMCIA parallel port support
o       Support PnPBIOS probing for PC parallel ports
o       Fix leak in PCMCIA bulkmem driver
o       Fix leak in PCMCIA ds driver
o       Add more cards to the ti list for the yenta pcmcia
o       Updated 3ware scsi driver
o       NCR 53c700 and 53c700/66 driver core
o       Fix pci_enable/resource read order on buslogic
o       Updated NCR53c8xx driver
o       Updated SYM53c8xx driver
o       Fix NCR53c406 warnings
o       NCR dual MCA driver
o       AIC7xxx pci probe table for hotplug
o       Updated aic7xxx_old
o       Fix resource leaks in dec esp driver
o       Fix printk levels in dmx3191 driver
o       Allow per device max sector counts. (2.4 workaround until 2.5 does
        this in the block layer per device)
o       Support SCSI2/SCSI3 extended LUN numbering
o       Limit qlogicisp and qlogicpti to 64 sectors/write
o       Fix missing EFAULT return in scsi proc
o       Fix locking of scsi_unregister_host
o       Fix leaks in scsi_ioctl
o       Fix potential lost requests in scsi merges
o       Fix leak on write when scsi driver has no proc write op
o       Extend the scsi black/whitelist
o       Fix locking/eject/rescan on removable scsi disk media
o       Updated scsi generic driver
o       Updated scsi cdrom driver
o       Correct ac97 handling on sparc
o       Fix use after kfree in cs4281
o       Update ess solo to new PCI style and PM
o       Update maestro to new PCI style and PM
o       Add docking station support to maestro
o       Update sonicvies to new PCI api
o       Fix trident locking problems
o       Fix buzzing on ymfpci
o       Power management for ymfpci
o       Fix leak/missized copy on xjack driver
o       CDCEther driver
o       ACM driver with fixed CLOCAL
o       Updated USB audio drivers
o       Fix locking/reporting in USB device list
o       Allow dsbr100 to take a radio_nr option
o       HP5300 series USB scanner driver
o       Updated IBM cam driver
o       Fix USB inode locking
o       Driver for Kawasaki based USB ethernet
o       Small ov511 fixes
o       Updated USB storage drivers
o       Entries for Sony MSC-U01N memory stick, Fujifilm FinePix 1400Zoom,
        Casio QV Digial Camera
o       USB Ultracam driver
o       Fix derefence of freed memory in the USB code
o       Generic USB host->host drivers for anchorchip 2270, ipaq, netchip
        1080, and Prolific PL-2301/2
o       Updated ATI frame buffer drivers
o       Updated clgen and control frame buffer drivers
o       Updated cyber2000 driver
o       Documentation for fbcon driver
o       Additional modes for titanium powerbook (1152x768)
o       Updated matrxofb drivers
o       Support __setup in mdacon
o       Radeon console driver
o       Handle out of memory on sun3 fb
o       Updated tga/vesa fb
o       CMS file system (basic R/O)
o       JFFS journalling flash file system with compression
o       Updated AFFS file system
o       Threaded core dumps
o       Fix security holes in binfmt_misc
o       Allow flushing of low buffers only when we need bounce buffers
o       Use brelse in cramfs
o       Fix memory leaks in freevxfs
o       Updated isofs
o       Small lockd updates (experimental)
o       Fix nfs alignment funnies
o       Report correct SuS errors on some opens
o       Add generic_file_open to get 64bit stuff right
o       Locking on make_inode_number for procfs
o       Report shmem size in shared memory proc field
o       Fail lseek outside of allowed range for filesystem
o       Fix select race with fdset growth
o       Kernel message levels and handle oom on superblock/mount ops
o       Updated frame buffer logos
o       Prefetch support for AMD Athlon
o       Support out of order stores in spinlocks on x86
o       m68k bitop compile fixes
o       Add truncatepage op to address operations
o       shmem filesystem cleanups and updates
o       Fix off by one on real time pre-emption in scheduler
o       Use prefetches in scheduler and wakeups
o       Support GFP_FAIL to avoid highmem deadlocks

---
Alan Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Red Hat Kernel Hacker
& Linux 2.2 Maintainer                        Brainbench MVP for TCP/IP
http://www.linux.org.uk/diary                 http://www.brainbench.com