2013/8/7 Benson Leung <ble...@chromium.org>

> If you get a chance, could you let me know if my deferred probe
> changes work well in your configuration?

I can confirm that your changes works, i.e. the touchpad and
touchscreen works directly after boot on my 32GB non-LTE Chromebook
Pixel. I applied the patches on a clean 3.11-rc4 tree using a
localmodconfig on Debian 7.1. I get this in dmesg --level err
(--notime) though

find_i2c_adapter_num: i2c adapter i915 gmbus panel not found on system.
find_i2c_adapter_num: i2c adapter i915 gmbus vga not found on system.
find_i2c_adapter_num: i2c adapter i915 gmbus panel not found on system.
find_i2c_adapter_num: i2c adapter i915 gmbus panel not found on system.
find_i2c_adapter_num: i2c adapter i915 gmbus vga not found on system.
find_i2c_adapter_num: i2c adapter i915 gmbus panel not found on system.
find_i2c_adapter_num: i2c adapter i915 gmbus panel not found on system.
find_i2c_adapter_num: i2c adapter i915 gmbus vga not found on system.
find_i2c_adapter_num: i2c adapter i915 gmbus panel not found on system.

Personally I don't like getting error messages when the driver works
as designed. I would prefer to have priority lowered to 'notice' on
those.

Regards,
Martin