Cough. I am going off-topic again, but I can't resist...

On 08/25, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Look at the code that creates the fd stat information, for example.
> It's in tid_fd_revalidate(), and it really doesn't make much sense to
> use the task credentials for it.

Or pid_revalidate(), but my concern is task_dumpable() logic.

pid_revalidate() does inode->i_*id = GLOBAL_ROOT_*ID if task_dumpable()
fails, but it can fail simply because ->mm = NULL.

This means that almost everything in /proc/zombie-pid/ becomes root.
Doesn't really hurt, but for what? Looks a bit strange imho.

Oleg.