Hi,

  I'm trying to list all of the tasks and their
children. (Im using a 2.6.5-7 kernel)

  The code below does not list all of the pids as
compared to the /proc entries.

  Why does the following code not list all of the
active pids in the system?

please cc this id.

  -----------------------

void list_pids(void)
{
    struct task_struct *tp;
    struct list_head   *_p;
    struct list_head   *_n;
    struct task_struct *p;

    read_lock(&tasklist_lock);
    for (tp = &init_task;  (tp = next_task(tp)) !=
&init_task; ) {
         printk("[parent]  pid =%d    \n" ,tp->pid );
         list_for_each_safe(_p,_n, &tp->children ){
             p = list_entry(_p,struct
task_struct,sibling);
             printk("   [child]  pid =%d   \n", p->pid
);

         }
    }
    read_unlock(&tasklist_lock);