On Thursday 03 February 2005 19:34, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Thursday 03 February 2005 17:43, Stephen Evanchik wrote:
> > Vojtech,
> >
> > Here is a patch that exposes the IBM TrackPoint's extended properties
> > as well as scroll wheel emulation.
> >

> Hi,
>
> Very nice although I have a couple of comments.
>
> >  /*
> > + * Try to initialize the IBM TrackPoint
> > + */
> > +   if (max_proto > PSMOUSE_PS2 && trackpoint_init(psmouse) == 0) {
> > +           psmouse->vendor = "IBM";
> > +           psmouse->name = "TrackPoint";
> > +
> > +           return PSMOUSE_PS2;
>
> Why PSMOUSE_PS2? Reconnect will surely not like it.

OK, I have read the code once again, and saw that you have special
handling within PS/2 protocol based on model constant. Please set
psmouse type to PSMOUSE_TRACKPOINT instead of model and provide full
protocol handler, like ALPS, Synaptics and Logitech do. Trackpoint
is different and complex enough to warrant it.

--
Dmitry