On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:10:29 -0700
Randy Dunlap <rdun...@infradead.org> wrote:

> On 04/22/14 15:21, a...@linux-foundation.org wrote:
> > The mm-of-the-moment snapshot 2014-04-22-15-20 has been uploaded to
> >
> >    http://www.ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/
> >
> > mmotm-readme.txt says
> >
> > README for mm-of-the-moment:
> >
> > http://www.ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/
> >
> > This is a snapshot of my -mm patch queue.  Uploaded at random hopefully
> > more than once a week.
> >
> > You will need quilt to apply these patches to the latest Linus release (3.x
> > or 3.x-rcY).  The series file is in broken-out.tar.gz and is duplicated in
> > http://ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/series
> >

> include/linux/hugetlb.h:468:9: error: 'HPAGE_SHIFT' undeclared (first use in
> this function)

The patch adding HPAGE_SHIFT usage to hugetlb.h in current mmotm is this:

http://www.ozlabs.org/~akpm/mmotm/broken-out/hugetlb-ensure-hugepage-access-is-denied-if-hugepages-are-not-supported.patch

But I can't reproduce the issue to be sure what the problem is. Are you
building the kernel on 32bits? Can you provide the output of
"grep -i huge .config" or send your .config in private?