On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:38:30AM +0000, Dave Airlie wrote:

 > Hi all,
 >      Andrew Clayton reported lockups on the dri list issues since -bk2
 > and bug 4337 on bugzilla.kernel.org looks like it might be the same
 > thing..
 >
 > This leads me to think the AGP multi-bridge patches are at fault... (for
 > once my laziness in merging late instead of early gave a good gap in the
 > patches...)
 >
 > I'm "offline" in sense of I can write this mail and respond but have not
 > access to a Linux system, my bitkeeper trees, ssh keys for anywhere of
 > interest.. and am in the wrong country, it'll be the 23rd/24th before I am
 > back at my desks...
 >
 > I might get time to do a code review, my main worry is that all the
 > problems reported with those patches in -mm made it into the patchset that
 > went into Linus.. mainly things like forgetting to memset certain
 > structures to 0 and sillies like that...

I saw one report where the recent drm security hole fix broke dri
for one user.  Whilst it seems an isolated incident, could this have
more impact than we first realised ?

Worse case scenario we can drop out the multi-bridge support for now
if it needs work. Mike left SGI now, so we'll need to find someone else
with access to a Prism to make sure it still works correctly on a
real multi-gart system.

                Dave