Bodo Eggert wrote:
(I hope I avoided all spam-keywords this time, my previous mails didn't seem to make it)
(please CC me on reply)

Issue:

On some conditions, the dmesg is spammed with repeated warnings about the
same issue which is neither critical nor going to be fixed. This may
result in losing the boot messages or missing other important messages.

There's printk_ratelimit() already, used in quite several places in kernel (or net_ratelimit() for net/* stuff). See also Documentation/sysctl/kernel.txt, search for printk_ratelimit. JFYI.

/mjt