Hi,

Am 10.09.2014 16:18, schrieb Mark Rutland:
[...]

+       of_property_read_u32(np, "mxs-default-microvolt",
+                                  &val);
+
+       if (val)
+               mxs_set_voltage(rdev, val, val, NULL);

As I mentioned in my comments on the binding, I'd like to know why this
is necessary and if it is why it shouldn't be a standardised property.

  From my understanding the standardised properties only defines a range,
but no default state of the regulators. If the initialization from the
bootloader or a hardcoded initialization in the driver is okay then the
property is not necessary.

Sure. My questions was why it is necessary to preconfigure the
regulators at all rather than why it is necessary to do so in this
manner.

Mark.

sorry i don't have a clue. In the original code there isn't a comment about the reason. Currently there is no init of the vddio regulator by the kernel and everything works fine.

@Fabio: Do you have any doubts?

Stefan