Hello,

  here goes git-pasky-0.2, my set of patches and scripts upon
Linus' git, aimed at human usability and to an extent a SCM-like usage.

  If you already have a previous git-pasky version, just git pull pasky
to get it. Otherwise, you can get it from:

        http://pasky.or.cz/~pasky/dev/git/

  Please see the README there and/or the parent post for detailed
instructions. You can find the changes from the last announcement
in the ChangeLog (releases have separate commits so you can find them
easily; they are also tagged for purpose of diffing etc).

  This is release contains mostly bugfixes, performance enhancements
(especially w.r.t. git diff), and some merges with Linus (except for
diff-tree, where I merged only the new output format). New features
are trivial - support for tagging and short SHA1 ids; you can use
only the start of the SHA1 hash long enough to be unambiguous.

  My immediate plan is implementing git merge, which I will do tommorow,
if noone will do it before that is. ;-)

  Any feedback/opinions/suggestions/patches (especially patches) are
welcome.

  Have fun,

--
                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis