--On Monday, April 11, 2005 01:25:32 -0700 Andrew Morton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.12-rc2/2.6.12-rc2-mm3/
>

> - The anticipatory I/O scheduler has always been fairly useless with SCSI
>   disks which perform tagged command queueing.  There's a patch here from Jens
>   which is designed to fix that up by constraining the number of requests
>   which we'll leave pending in the device.
>
>   The depth currently defaults to 1.  Tunable in
>   /sys/block/hdX/queue/iosched/queue_depth
>
>   This patch hasn't been performance tested at all yet.  If you think it is
>   misbehaving (the usual symptom is processes stuck in D state) then please
>   report it, then boot with `elevator=cfq' or `elevator=deadline' to work
>   around it.
>
> - More CPU scheduler work.  I hope someone is testing this stuff.

Trying ... having some build problems that seem to be part test-harness,
part bugs.

Meanwhile on PPC64:

fs/cifs/misc.c: In function `cifs_convertUCSpath':
fs/cifs/misc.c:546: error: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
fs/cifs/misc.c:549: error: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
fs/cifs/misc.c:552: error: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
fs/cifs/misc.c:561: error: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
fs/cifs/misc.c:564: error: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
fs/cifs/misc.c:567: error: case label does not reduce to an integer constant
make[2]: *** [fs/cifs/misc.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [fs/cifs] Error 2

M.