On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 01:22 +0100, Claudio Martins wrote:
> On Monday 11 April 2005 23:59, Nick Piggin wrote:
> >
> > >   OK, I'll try them in a few minutes and report back.
> >
> > I'm not overly hopeful. If they fix the problem, then it's likely
> > that the real bug is hidden.
> >

>   Well, the thing is, they do fix the problem. Or at least they hide it very
> well ;-)
>
>   It has been running for more than 5 hours now with stress with no problems
> and no stuck processes.

Well, that is good... I guess ;)

Actually the patches I have sent you do fix real bugs, but they also
make the block layer less likely to recurse into page reclaim, so it
may be eg. hiding the problem that Neil's patch fixes.

It may be that your fundamental problem is solved by my patches, but
we need to be sure.

>   I think I'm going to give a try to Neil's patch, but I'll have to apply
> some
> patches from -mm.

Yep that would be good. Please test -rc2 with Andrew's patch, and
obviously my patches backed out. Thanks for sticking with it.

Nick