On 2014/11/30 6:30, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Saturday, November 29, 2014 09:40:02 AM Wang Weidong wrote:

>>> OK, so the above information needs to go into the changelog of patch [1/2].
>>> Also, please clarify the problem description in that changelog, it is very
>>> difficult to understand the way it is now.
>>>

>> sure, I should do it.

>>> Why?  Do any other cpufreq drivers do that?
>>>

>> If some cpufreq drivers support several freqs like this:
>> 1.05 Ghz 1.30Ghz 1.70GHz 2.10GHz 2.3GHz
>>            |                |
>>           min              max
>> So what the available freqs is 1.30GHz 1.70GHz 2.10GHz
>>
>> when we do cpufreq-info or cat scaling_available_frequencies,
>> I think the available freqs table show only show these 3 value,
>> not all the values.
>
> That changes an existing user space interface, however, and the
> only reason I can figure out from what you're saying is your personal
> opinion.  This isn't a good enough reason, however.
>
> What if there are utilities and scripts out there relying on the
> current behavior?

No, there are not utilities and scripts relying on it.

I just confuse that:
If the policy->min and policy-max is changed while it shows all available freqs
though scaling_available_frequencies. I can't set all freq-steps, only
[policy->min, policy->max].
why should it show all the available freqs.

Although, it doesn't impact on us. So just ignore the patch#2. :)

Wang,
Regards