El lun, 18-04-2005 a las 15:24 -0400, Rik van Riel escribió:
> This looks like a very bad default to me!
>
> Your patch would force people to run system monitoring
> applications as root, because otherwise they cannot get
> some of the information they can get now.  Forcing that
> these applications run with root rights is a security
> risk, not a benefit...

Right, that's why I would say "fall back to the config. option"
behavior, trusting in a certain user group defined in configuration-time
or via sysctl, or just keeping it simple as it's right now, split up so
anyone can decide what to apply and what shouldn't be applied.

Cheers,
--
Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[1024D/6F2B2DEC] & [2048g/9AE91A22][http://tuxedo-es.org]