This is my continuing attempt to make an SCM suitable for kernel
hacking. It supports a distribution model similar to BK and Monotone
but is orders of magnitude simpler than both (about 1k lines of code).

 http://selenic.com/mercurial/

New in this version:

- much improved command line tool
- installation instructions
- commit log editing
- experimental network pull support

Some example usage:

Setting up a Mercurial project:

 $ cd linux/
 $ hg init         # creates .hg
 $ hg status       # show differences between repo and working dir
 $ hg addremove    # add all unknown files and remove all missing files
 $ hg commit       # commit all changes, edit changelog entry

Mercurial commands:

 $ hg history      # show changesets
 $ hg log Makefile # show commits per file
 $ hg checkout     # check out the tip revision
 $ hg checkout <hash> # check out a specified changeset
 $ hg add foo      # add a new file for the next commit
 $ hg remove bar   # mark a file as removed

Branching and merging:

 $ cd ..
 $ cp -al linux linux-work   # create a new hardlink branch
 $ cd linux-work
 $ <make changes>
 $ hg commit
 $ cd ../linux
 $ hg merge ../linux-work    # pull changesets from linux-work

Network support (highly experimental):

 # export your .hg directory as a directory on your webserver
 foo$ ln -s .hg ~/public_html/hg-linux

 # merge changes from a remote machine
 bar$ hg merge http://foo/~user/hg-linux

 This is just a proof of concept of grabbing byte ranges, and is not
 expected to perform well yet.