Al> On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 08:52:20AM -0500, John Stoffel wrote:
>> So what happens if your filesystem is 10Tb in size, and you have 50
>> million files and lots of them are symlinks?  I've got developers who
>> do shit like this and wonder why performance sucks....  and I just
>> worry that GPF_KERNEL is a limited resource.  But maybe 64bit systems
>> won't really have any problems?

Al> What would keep all those symlinks' contents pinned in page cache?

Dunno honestly... but your statement nudges my memory that they would
be evicted as memory pressure grows, so it's probably not a problem
afterall.  I just know that my users love tickling strange bugs like
this because they hate to actually cleanup after themselves unless
absolutely necessary.

Thanks for the nudge.