Le lundi 25 juillet 2005 à 16:32 +0200, Patrick McHardy a écrit :
> Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 02:02:10AM -0400, James Morris ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> > wrote:
> If I understand correctly it tries to workaround some netlink
> limitations (limited number of netlink families and multicast groups)
> by sending everything to userspace and demultiplexing it there.
> Same in the other direction, an additional layer on top of netlink
> does basically the same thing netlink already does. This looks like
> a step in the wrong direction to me, netlink should instead be fixed
> to support what is needed.

I totally agree with you, it could be great to fix netlink to support
multiple queue.
I like to be able to use projects like snort-inline or nufw together.
This will make Netfilter really stronger.
Furthermore, there's a repetition of filtering capabilities with such a
solution. Netfilter has to filter to send to netlink and this is the
same with the queue dispatcher. I think this introduce too much
complexity.

my 0.02$

BR,
--
Éric Leblond, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Téléphone : 01 44 89 46 40, Fax : 01 44 89 45 01