On 04/17/2015 10:57 PM, Tejun Heo wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 07:26:35PM +0800, Lai Jiangshan wrote:
>> Current apply_workqueue_attrs() includes pwqs-allocation and
>> pwqs-installation,
>> so when we batch multiple apply_workqueue_attrs()s as a transaction, we can't
>> ensure the transaction must succeed or fail as a complete unit.
>
> Lai, can you please
>
> * Break out threads when posting new version.
>
> * List the changes since the last version?

My bad.

I thought you had only two comments which ware handled in v7.
It was considered (with my laziness) too less to be renarrated.

---

In [2/4 V6]:
```quote from TJ:
And we're dropping online_cpus locking before applying the new pwq's.
Is that safe?
```

It was my fault, I didn't remember when I wrongly moved the code.
The patch had been tried my best keep functionality unchanged.
It is fixed in [1/3 V7].

----

The changes from [4/4 V6] to [3/3 V7]:
ctx->attrs (the original configured value) is not calculated until
it is saved into ctx->attrs, and a corresponding local-var is killed.

Could you please consider it as [0/3 V7] this time?

Thx
Lai.