On Thu, 23 Apr 2015, Austin S Hemmelgarn wrote:

Looking at this whole conversation, all I see is two different views on how to
present the asymmetric multiprocessing arrangements that have become
commonplace in today's systems to userspace.  Your model favors performance,
while CAPI favors simplicity for userspace.

Oww. No performance just simplicity? Really?

The simplification of the memory registration for Infiniband etc is
certainly useful and I hope to see contributions on that going into the
kernel.