I created at a 3 TB btrfs formatted disk a btrfs subvolume, unpacked a minimal
Gentoo Linux in it, created in addition few files within it under ./tmp and
bind mount from the host few files onto those files. If I now delete in another
terminal the subvolume - then the server dies immediately

It is a headless server, I had to request a manually reset to get it back.
Nothing in the syslog (syslog-ng 3.6.2) - the server was just shot in he head.

This happened 2 times in a row. Host is a stable hardened Gentoo with 4.0.2
kernel.

:-/

--
Toralf
pgp key: 7B1A 07F4 EC82 0F90 D4C2  8936 872A E508 0076 E94E