On 2015/7/17 12:11, Alexei Starovoitov wrote:
On 7/14/15 4:54 AM, He Kuang wrote:
I'm not sure llvm generates proper dwarf along with bpf code (I didn't
test that part. If there are any issues they should be fixable. If you
can prepapre a patch for llvm that would be even better :)

I found objdump can't get dwarf info from bpf object file:

   $ objdump --dwarf=info bpf.o
   bpf.o: file format elf64-little

   $ readelf -a bpf.o |grep debug_info
   <EMPTY>

yeah. looks like this part is not working.
Interesting that when I do: clang -O2 -target bpf a.c -g -S
there is some minimal debug info in the .s, but .o lacks
debuginfo completely. Digging further...

Glad to see you start look at it. We are not familiar with LLVM, but I was
told that LLVM has a clean structure and very easy to introduce new features.
Could you please give us some hits on it so we can work together?

Thank you.