Hi!
> +Testing
> +-------
> +
> +A new system call should obviously be tested; it is also useful to provide
> +reviewers with a demonstration of how user space programs will use the system
> +call.  A good way to combine these aims is to include a simple self-test
> +program in a new directory under tools/testing/selftests/.

I know that this is a bit off topic, but since the selftest is now the
official place to add kernel testcases to let me rant about it a bit.

It's a bit of a pain seeing people reinvent the wheel and trying to
figure out consistent test interface while most of the problems has been
solved in LTP[1] test library quite some time ago. Especially use of the
SAFE_MACROS[2] would simplify writing test setups quite a lot.

I wonder if we can at least share the test library, pulling it out of
LTP, or at least the interesting parts, wouldn't be hard at all.

[1]
https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/wiki/Test-Writing-Guidelines#221-basic-test-structure

[2]
https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp/wiki/Test-Writing-Guidelines#224-safe-macros