On 9/5/05, hanasaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> kernel 2.6.13 hangs / freezes with nvidia
> kernel module on switch to virtual console
>
> Running Debian testing and stable and built the kernel with the attached
> config.  Then the NVidia installer was run.  Everything boots and runs
> fine.  X and Gnome come up and run.  Switching to a Virtual Console
> locks up the system and shows some crazy colors.
>
> The system ran fine with the same configs until ~kernel 2.6.12.x and has
> exhibited this failing behavior since then with multiple kernels.
>
> The graphics card is a shown below and has two outputs both in use for
> two monitors.  Thus the actual driver from NV is needed.  I do not
> believe the Xfree nv driver supports dual head.
>
> ======================
> NVidia version
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7676-pkg1.run <= from nvidia.com

Reproduce the problem without a binary only kernel module. Or in this
case, complain to nvidia.

It's impossible for kernel developers to debug a problem involving a
closed source module. The authors of that module will have to do the
fixing.

--
Jesper Juhl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html