Hello Mark,

Thank you for your advise.

>> +prlog -n "Checking pmsg file contains TEST_STRING ... "
> Mark this as 'wish to have'

OK. I'll change it to "Checking pmsg file wishes to have TEST_STRING
... ". Should I change other messages in the same way?

> Can TEST_STRING be given an unique value each run, so that on the the
> reboot-comparison run it can be found to be an unique match?

Yes. I'll append /proc/sys/kernel/random/uuid content to TEST_STRING.
I'll also change log directory name from date to the uuid.

> Also confirm that any previous content (which may be binary) is not
> present after reboot, and that totally new content is present.

OK.
As for pmsg, they are possible by checking if the /sys/fs/pstore/pmsg
content perfectly matches the TEST_STRING which was written to /dev/pmsg
before reboot. (The TEST_STRING can be left to a regular file before
reboot as well as reboot_flag.) Is it OK?

Best regards,
Hiraku Toyooka

--
Hiraku Toyooka
Systems Productivity Research Dept. / Linux Technology Center