Jakub Kicinski <k...@kernel.org> writes:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 10:55:09 +0100 Petr Machata wrote:
>> > If you authored any net or drivers/net selftests, please look around
>> > and see if they are passing. If not - send patches or LMK what I need
>> > to do to make them pass on the runner.. Make sure to scroll down to
>> > the "Not reporting to patchwork" section.
>>
>> A whole bunch of them fail because of no IPv6 support in the runner
>> kernel. E.g. this from bridge-mdb.sh[0]:
>
> Thanks a lot for investigating! I take it that you're looking at
> forwarding? Please send a patch to add the missing configs to
>
> tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/config

OK.

> The runner uses that to configure the kernel on top of defconfig.
>
> Unless I'm doing it wrong and the sub-directories are supposed to
> inherit the parent directory's config? So net/forwarding/ should
> be built with net/'s config? I could not find the info in docs,
> does anyone know?

I don't think they are, net/config defines CONFIG_VXLAN, but then the
vxlan tests still complain about unknown device type. Though maybe
there's another device type that it's missing...

What do I do to feed the config file to some build script to get a
kernel image to test? I can of course just do something like
cat config | xargs -n1 scripts/config -m, but I expect there's some
automation for it and I just can't find it.