On Wed, 30 May 2001, Stephane wrote:
> #
> # Simple configuration file for xinetd
> #
> # Some defaults, and include /etc/xinetd.d/
>
> defaults
> {
>         instances               = 60
>         log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv
>         log_on_success                = HOST PID
>         log_on_failure                = HOST
> }

Oui, mais c'est surtout le contenu de /etc/xinetd.conf qui te permet
d'activer ou pas des services. Voicil donc le debut d'un fichier
/etc/xinetd.conf. As-tu bien ce fichier ?

Daniel

#
# xinetd.conf
#
# Copyright (c) 1998-99 SuSE GmbH Nuernberg, Germany.
#

defaults
{
        log_type        = FILE /var/log/xinetd.log
        log_on_success  = HOST EXIT DURATION
        log_on_failure  = HOST ATTEMPT RECORD
#        only_from       = localhost
        instances       = 2

#
# The specification of an interface is interesting, if we are on a firewall.
# For example, if you only want to provide services from an internal
# network interface, you may specify your internal interfaces IP-Address.
#
#       interface       = 127.0.0.1
#

#
# If you want to enable one of the following services, you only have to
# comment ist out. After that, send SIGUSR1 to xinetd to force a
# reload of it's configuration
#

#       disabled        = ftp
        disabled        = rstatd