It took me 16 years to get away from Slackware and now I need to move away from sendmail , qpopper, and SquirrelMail. The plan is to use postfix, dovecot (POP and IMAP) and something_for_webmail. Currently sendmail is set to use mbox format and postfix and dovecot will happily go along with that (I'd rather not have to convert all of the users' mail spool to maildir format). Is openwebmail a reasonable choice (2008 was last update)? We were using SquirrelMail. We'll also be tacking on spamassasin and clamav unless there's compelling reasons not to (we're using them now with sendmail just fine).
Thanks in advance for your thoughts (and prayers :) ).