I have a Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64 system.  I initially installed
icedtea6-plugin and then the java client for webex popped up.  But I
couldn't see any shared desktop and I couldn't share anything myself.
In my console where I started firefox I saw many messages like:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/reed/.webex/1224/libatdv.so:
/home/reed/.webex/1224/libatdv.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible
cause: architecture word width mismatch)

So I removed icedtea. I installed a 32 bit version of firefox,
downloaded 32 bit binary release of JRE from java.com and created
symlinks for the plugins and they could be seen with about:plugins. But
then no java worked. Even the test at the java.com didn't work.  I also
tried using nspluginwrapper to install 32 bit plugins so I could use 64
bit browser, but still no luck.

I installed icedtea-plugin again. Then the applet at
http://java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp worked.  My console showed:

java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.4)
(6b24-1.11.4-1ubuntu0.11.10.1)
expect: en actual:
locale: 'en'
expect: en actual:
locale: 'en'

Back at webex, the applet could run and I "run" (accept) the
application. But then I get all types of failures dumped to my console.

        at jDocView.CreateDocViewUI(jDocView.java:644)
        at jDocView.PDNewInstance(jDocView.java:4305)
        at MeetingClientFrame.initPanels(MeetingClientFrame.java:185)
        at MeetingClientFrame.<init>(MeetingClientFrame.java:80)
        at jmeetingclient.constructMainFrame(jmeetingclient.java:248)
        at ConfMgr.connectToMeeting(ConfMgr.java:189)
        at jmeetingclient.init(jmeetingclient.java:196)
        at JDownload.run(JDownload.java:278)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
XXX[JNRW]load native library failed
        at JDownload.run(JDownload.java:278)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
XXX[JNRW]load native library failed
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/reed/.webex/1224/libdbr.so:
/home/reed/.webex/1224/libdbr.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible
cause: architecture word width mismatch)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1750)

But some of the applet is running. I see the various webex buttons,
chat, etc. But can't share anything. And I can't view anything that
others share.

I found numerous webpages about problems with 64 bit java and webex. I
tried the solutions on many pages, but most weren't complete or accurate
(such as pointing to versions of software that are old and dont' exist
any more).

Any ideas?

Or if 64 bit java with 64 bit firefox works for webex for you, please
let me know what works for you.

Thanks,

  Jeremy C. Reed

echo 'EhZ[h ^jjf0%%h[[Zc[Z_W$d[j%Xeeai%ZW[ced#]dk#f[d]k_d%' | \