On Fri, 19 Feb 2016, ac wrote:

> > use bash :)
> >
> > do something like
> > #!/bin/bash
> > LST=`find ./ -name '*.php'`
> > for FILENAME in "$LST"; do
> >         sed -i -e "s/$FROM/$TO/g" $FILENAME
> > done

Sorry I don't see how that could possibly work. How do you define FROM
and TO? In my case it is multiple lines of text that may contain slash /
and metacharacters like . and * for example. It would need to be fully
escaped. But I may want to use some regex -- so I don't want all
escaped.

> <r...@reedmedia.net>: host mail.reedmedia.net[64.85.162.118] said: 550
> Invalid email (in reply to end of DATA command)

Because of:

  rejected after DATA: RFC compliant Message-Id required

(Looking at this list email, I assume you didn't provide one so the
list's mail server added one for you. The normal behavior is to pass it
along unchanged.)