Hello,

On 2018-11-17 01:24, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 02:43:10PM +0100, Christoph Pleger wrote:
I get security by checking the real user id at the beginning of the
program and aborting the program if that uid does not belong to the only
user who is allowed to run the program.

Sounds familiar.  Shall I tell you one of those stories?

My program calls getpwuid() with the real user id of the calling user and then compares this user's name with the name of the one and only user who is allowed to continue program execution. Do you think that this can be circumvented?

Regards
  Christoph