Dne 11. 04. 19 v 13:26 Eric Ren napsal(a):
Hi Zdenek,

Thanks for your reply. The use case is for containerd snapshooter, yes, all lvm setup is on host machine, creating thin LV for VM-based/KATA container as rootfs.

For example:
https://github.com/containerd/containerd/pull/3136

and

https://github.com/containerd/containerd/pull/3022

So, we're evaluating such solution now~

Hi

I could recommend to orient towards the solution where the 'host' system provides some service for your containers - so container ask for action, service orchestrates the action on the system - and returns asked resource to the container.

IMHO I don't see any other usable solution ATM - although many container developers seems to endlessly try to run these system commands from a container...

Regards

Zdenek