Hi,
[sorry for duplicate post, re-sending from a subscribed address]

I'm looking to enable the lvm2 testsuite as an autopkgtest [1] to run
in debian and ubuntu. I have a merge request up at [2].  The general
idea is just to a.) package 'lvm2-testsuite' as an installable package
b.) run the testsuite as part of the autopkgtest.

The version I'm testing on Ubuntu 22.04 is 2.03.16-3 from debian
(rebuilt for 22.04). I'm running udev-vanilla  in a 2 cpu/4GB VM, and
stopping/masking  the following services: dm-event lvm2-lvmpolld
lvm2-monitor lvm2-lvmdbusd .

I'm seeing some failures when running the test.  Some seem expected
due to size limitations, some seem to fail every time, and some see
transient failures.

Here is the list of tests that I'm seeing fail and my initial
categorization.  I've seen this across say half a dozen runs:

expected-fail  api/dbustest.sh
expected-fail  shell/lvconvert-repair-thin.sh
space-req      shell/lvcreate-large-raid.sh
space-req      shell/lvcreate-thin-limits.sh
expected-fail  shell/lvm-conf-error.sh
expected-fail  shell/lvresize-full.sh
timeout        shell/pvmove-abort-all.sh
space-req      shell/pvmove-basic.sh
expected-fail  shell/pvscan-autoactivation-polling.sh
expected-fail  shell/snapshot-merge.sh
space-req      shell/thin-large.sh
racy           shell/writecache-cache-blocksize.sh

expected-fail fails most every time. timeout seems to work sometimes,
space-req i think is just space requirement issue (i'll just skip
those tests).

The full output from the test run can be seen at [3] in the
testsuite-stdout.txt and testsuite-stderr.txt files.

Do others run this test-suite in automation and get reliable results ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ProposedMigration#autopkgtests
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/lvm-team/lvm2/-/merge_requests/6