Wow, that was very harsh AND very wrong.

All storage devices die eventually, that's why we have backups (and
RAID, off-site replication, etc). HDDs and SSDs are the same in this
respect.

SSDs do NOT die just from repeated writes to the same sector: this can
happen with raw flash cells, but SSDs are NOT that, they all include
complex logic for wear leveling, and it works very well in practice.

As SSDs grow larger, they can withstand more writes, as wear leveling
spreads the wear over more flash cells.

For datacenter use, SSDs are gaining more and more use cases as
primary storage, and their reliability is getting ahead of HDDs:
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/ssd-drive-stats-mid-2022-review/

Home users need not worry at all about SSD longevity. They just need
to be ready for they drives to die, just like any storage device, and
use backups.

JM