Roman Zippel wrote:
While looking over this, I'm playing with the idea to move this to its own directory. This stuff is rather generic and it seems the API is intended to be used by various emulators.

that is correct.

It may also be possible at some point to have a kernel without Atari support and just use the emulator API to communicate with the outside world.

This is also correct. We can access graphics, sound and disk directly via the NatFeats. What remains is keyboard/mouse input - then we would not use any Atari specific HW (well apart from the MFP interrupts which are tied to CPU closely, anyway).

Petr

-