On Thu, 3 May 2018, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Hi Finn,
>
> with your patch, 4.17rc2 boots again to user space.

OK.

> # ls -lrt /sys/bus/nubus/devices/
> total 0
> # cat /proc/bus/nubus/devices
> [no output]
>
> No need for a Mac test in nubus_proc_init() as it appears to work just
> fine.

Yes. I suggested a MACH_IS_MAC() test because zorro_proc_init() has a
similar test. The postcore_initcall() approach retains the MACH_IS_MAC()
test, so as to bypass nubus_proc_init(). Either way is fine with me.

> Are we confusing any legacy user space tools that might check for
> presence of /proc/nubus with this patch?

I doubt it.

> Do you want an alternative patch tested (MACH_IS_MAC() test in
> nubus_driver_register() instead)?

The second patch might be worth testing, but I would wait to hear from
Geert before I did so.