On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 13:10:02 -0500
Michael Krufky <mkru...@linuxtv.org> wrote:

> linux-dvb-boun...@linuxtv.org wrote:
> > This ML is deprecated. Please use linux-media@vger.kernel.org instead.
> > For more info about linux-media@vger.kernel.org, please read:
> > http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-media
> >
> Since when???

Please see the discussions about that at:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/420

> I thought we were going to have separate -user and  -devel mailing
> lists?  Now three separate mailing lists are being folded into one?!?!?

If there are enough user-only threads and enough users intended to have
discussions that aren't interesting for developers, nor needs developers
answers, then, we can create later a v4l-dvb-users ML.

However, what I've seen since the creation of linux-media is that the
discussions on linux-dvb are interesting also for developers, and are posted
there, instead of linux-media, just because people were still thinking that
such discussions should be handled there.

For now, it seems better to focus everything into one ML.

Someone proposed to send a daily email asking for people at linux-dvb to use
linux-media instead, but this is a sort of unsolicited bulk email (aka: SPAM).
It is better to warn just the ones that are still posting at linux-dvb about
the changes.

--

Cheers,
Mauro