Daniel Dalton wrote:
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:46:32AM +0200, Antti Palosaari wrote:
Yes, should work out of the box. No need to install any driver, driver is included in your Kernel.

/dev/dvb/adapter0/ is created. so does this mean the right modules have
been loaded?

Yes, drivers and firmware loaded. It should be all functional.

I've been googling, and have played with w_scan and me-tv.
Kaffeine unfortunately is qt and won't work with braille/speech, but
me-tv does. So I got sighted help to scan for channels in kaffeine, the
scan didn't find any channels.
Next, I ran the w_scan program, and that as well failed to find any
channels. Finally, I ran me-tv and that as well failed. (I selected my
location for me-tv).

So, how do I get w_scan or me-tv to find some channels? It's probably
not worth talking about kaffeine as I won't be able to use this. I'm
plugging my usb receiver into a tv connection in my home which a
standard tv would plug into.

Any ideas?

I think the problem is poor QT1010 tuning performance. You cannot do much for that now. I recommended to get other stick.

regards
Antti