Andy Walls wrote (Tuesday 20 January 2009):
> On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 19:43 +1000, Brendon Higgins wrote:
> > Summary procedure, starting with a working dvb:
> > 1) rmmod cx88_dvb
> > 2) modprobe cx88_dvb
> > Error: No such device.
> > 3) rmmod cx8802
> > 4) modprobe cx88_dvb
> > Success (and cx8802 is pulled in automatically)
> >
> > So it seems there might be some sort of module interdependency not being
> > taken care of.
>
> Yes.  Mauro did some work to decouple these modules in very recent
> changes.  I did some follow-up changes to fix frontend allocations.  You
> may want to try the latest v4l-dvb repository.

Just did that, grabbed v4l-dvb-2ed72b192848, and it seems to be fixed there. No
complaints when rmmoding and modprobing the modules. There's something about
it that xine and mplayer don't seem to like (though I can't be sure they
worked previously - FWIW, xine won't change channels and when you try it
causes "dvb_demux_feed_del: feed not in list (type=0 state=0 pid=ffff)" in
syslog, mplayer... well I haven't figured out the interface, anyway), but vdr
seems just fine with it, which is my primary concern.

It would be my luck that by the time I figure out what's actually going on I
can't help because it's already fixed. :-)

Peace,
Brendon