On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 01:45:41PM -0500, CityK wrote:
> A. F. Cano wrote:
> > Still trying to get the OnAir Creator to work.  It is properly recognized
> > by the pvrusb2 driver, but I can't seem to get any further.  I'm now
> > trying to scan the digital channels.
> >

> While you seem to be trying to scan for OTA channels, I would like
> confirmation that this is indeed the case of what you are attempting, as
> opposed to searching for digital cable channels.

Yes.  The RF input is hooked up to an 11ft Winegard roof antenna, mounted on
a stand behind me, properly oriented according to antennaweb.com for the
local stations, and with a UHF pre-amp for good measure.  It is inside, but
a foot below the reasonably high ceiling, so it doesn't interfere with moving
around.  With this setup I have succeeded in receiving barely visible
analog channels when the Creator is set up as a v4l device using /dev/video0.
Yes, the reception sucks, but I want to make sure that it is not something
more fundamental before I go to the trouble of mounting the antenna on the
roof.

Right now, the unit is set up (in mythtv) as a DVB DTV receiver.  I have
observed that the red led seems to be on when configured in digital mode,
as it is right now.

> If you are mistakenly searching for digital cable channels using the OTA
> settings, that would explain a number of the observations you have
> described.

I'm not sure how to change the cable vs. ota setting.  Doesn't the digital
tuner determine what it is plugged into?  As far as mythtv, it thinks the
attached device is a DVB/DTV receiver.  Kaffeine has been told to use the
us ATSC frequencies, with the results I pointed out earlier.

A.