On Friday 20 February 2009 04:57:11 hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,

<cut>
> ---
>
> I don't want to come up with old stories about what happened in the
> past, there are some.
>
> It looks like Jean tries to find a good compromise.
>
> So, I don't deny, that recent Fedora stuff is not as stable as it was
> for long and on certain hardware, at least, a pain. You are forced to
> use something you don't want, giving the test monkey.
>
> We, from our side, should try best, that it does not slip further
> away ...
>
> Hans decided deliberately to extend backward compat even down to 2.6.16,
> now seeing the bill.

I didn't extend it, instead I reduced the backward compat to 2.6.16 at the
time. It supported older kernels as well back then, however since nobody
ever compiled for those older kernels quite a few drivers were broken.

Creating the daily build system at least ensures that we know v4l-dvb can
compile for those kernels we support officially. In the past this was more
based on hope and a prayer :-)