Hi All

Some of you may have read some of my posts about an "incorrect firmware
readback"
message appearing in my dmesg, shortly after a tuner was engaged.

I have isolated this problem, but the workaround so far has not been pretty.
On a hunch I removed my Dvico Fusion HDTV lite card from the system, running now
only with the Dvico Fusion Dual Express.

The issue has gone, I am not getting the kdvb process hogging cpu cycles and
this
message has stopped.

I had tried both letting the kernel (or is it udev) assign the major and minor
numbers and I had tried to manually set them via modprobe.conf (formerly
modules.conf, I don't know if this is a global change or specific to
Gentoo)....

I had the major number the same for both cards, with a separate minor number for
each of the three tuners, this seems to be the same.

Is this how I should be setting up for 2 cards or should I be using some other
type of configuration.

cheers

Allan