On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Guennadi Liakhovetski
<g.liakhovet...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, morimoto.kunin...@renesas.com wrote:
>

>> Dear Guennadi.
>>
>> Now MigoR and AP325 board have ov772x camera.
>> However, the lens used is different.
>>
>> And I have a specific good setting value
>> for the lens of AP325.
>>
>> So, I would like to add new function for
>> specific lens value.
>> meybe like this.
>> Can I add it ?
>>
>> -- board-ap325 ---------------
>> static const struct regval_list ov772x_lens[] = {
>>        { 0xAA, 0xBB }, { 0xCC, 0xDD }, { 0xEE, 0xFF },
>>        ENDMARKER,
>> }
>>
>> static struct ov772x_camera_info ov772x_info = {
>>        .lenssetting = ov772x_lens,
>> }
>
> Hm, lenses can be replaced in principle, right? Does it really make sense
> to hard-code them in platform code? Maybe better as module parameter? Or
> are these parameters really board-specific?

I'd say that having such information with the platform data is as good
as it gets. =) In theory it's possible to replace the lens - it's
actually possible to remove the ap325 camera module as well. Using a
module parameter doesn't really make it any better since the same
driver may be used by multiple instances with different lens setups.
At least platform data makes the configuration per-camera instead of
per-driver.

Cheers,

/ magnus