Trent Piepho <xy...@speakeasy.org> writes:

> I like the algorithm I posted, after another small improvement, better.
So push it toward v4l2, to have wider audience.

If I were you, I'd have a peek at include/linux/kernel.h, which brings you
beautiful functions like ALIGN(), IS_ALIGNED(), and so on ... That could make
your next review easier.

> For instance, if width is aligned by 8 and height by 2, then you have
> already have 16 byte alignment and there is no need to align height by 4.
> E.g., 168x202 will be kept as 168x202 with my method but the rounding down
> method changes it to 168x200.
In the algorithm I posted, I keep 168x202 as well.

> Another example, take 159x243.  My algorithm produces 160x243, which seems
> much better than 156x240, what one gets by rounding each dimention down to
> a multiple of four.
By better you mean "nearer" ? Well, why not. If your patch mades it through v4l2
stack, I'll push an update to use it, deal ?

--
Robert