On 12:43 Sun 08 Mar 2009, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009, Brandon Philips wrote:
> > > Have you tried suspending just the two devices plugged into that EHCI
> > > controller instead of suspending the entire system?  That would make it
> > > a lot easier to carry out testing.
> >
> > I tried to reproduce with s2ram suspend, echo suspend >
> > /sys/bus/usb/devices/.../power/level and /sys/power/pm_test levels but none
> > of
> > them reproduced it. So, at this point the only way I can reproduce this is
> > with
> > a full S4.
>
> That's a little misleading.

Sorry, what I meant by "full" was `echo disk > /sys/power/state` with
none in /sys/power/pm_test

> Unless I misunderstood your log, the hang occurred _before_ your
> system entered S4.  In fact, it occurred before the memory image was
> written out to the disk.

Yes, this is correct. It freezes before the image is written.

> > Is there some other method I missed of testing?
>
> How about echo disk >/sys/power/state with various settings in
> /sys/power/disk?

First observation: I can't reproduce this bug with console=ttyS0,115200
console=tty0. Everything works great actually. Is writing to the serial
port causing just enough delay to hide the bug?

/sys/power/disk tests
testproc        # OK
test            # Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
platform        # Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
reboot          # Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
shutdown        # Unlink after no-IRQ? ...

Cheers,

        Brandon