On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 01:43:48 -0700 (PDT)
Uri Shkolnik <uri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> The SDIO patches are part of (at least) dozen patches needed to upgrade the
> Siano's offering for Linux kernel.
>
> The order is -
> 1) SDIO SMS interface driver and SDIO stack patch (add)
> 2) SPI interface driver (add)
> 3) USB interface driver (modify)
> 4) IR port (add)
> 5) USB v3 (modify)
> 6-15(?) ) "Core" and "Cards" modifications

I'm not sure where the separation comes in here. So far the driver has
had a common entrypoint that calls all the different interface specific
startup routines.

> The order of the patches places the SDIO among the first to be submitted for
> review (interface drivers must be patched before the "core", in order to make
> the various commits pass bisect tests).

I take it you're referring to your internal repo? Mainline only
contains the USB interface so splitting that up into a core and
interface driver shouldn't cause any bisect problems.

> I suggest that we'll continue the submission, and I'll cc you on ALL
> submissions. You will be able to review, and either ask for modification
> and/or suggest your on supplementary patches at any stage.

I'd prefer to not build a huge monolith just to later take it apart,
but I can live with it.

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
  Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
  for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
  encryption.