I notice that sq905.c and sq905c.c have now been added to the gspca tree.

But now a question about the documentation. None of that has been addressed, as yet, neither for the sq905 nor for the sq905c cameras. The code has been added to the tree, but the accompanying documentation is, as yet, missing. I would be glad to provide it, but it seems to me that a policy question comes up, about just what to add. There are lots of cameras.

Here is the problem:

The sq905 module supports, as far as I know, the entire list of cameras which are supported by libgphoto2/camlibs/sq905, and probably more which I did not list there because I got tired of adding yet another camera when, in fact, functionally they were all pretty much equivalent (My bad. I know that I missed a few of them, but I was more inexperienced back then). In any event, the support for 24 cameras is explicitly listed there.

The sq905c module supports, as far as I know, the entire list of cameras which are supported by libgphoto2/camlibs/digigr8. The support for 16 cameras (or 17, if the line in libgphoto2/camlibs/digigr8/library.c "Sakar 28290 and 28292 Digital Concepts Styleshot" which refers to two cameras differing only in the color of the case is counted as referring to two cameras).

Thus, if the documentation would be provided in linux/Documentation/video4linux/gspca.txt it would amount to a total of 41 new entries, for these two new modules alone. Should all 41 of them be added? I would think that they all ought to be listed somewhere, but should the somewhere be there, or somewhere else? That is the question.

One possibility might be to refer the curious reader to the existing list in the relevant file in libgphoto2, for example, since these are all dual-mode cameras. If that were done, then it would be only needed to put the USB Vendor:Product number into the gspca.txt file, along with a pointer to the full information.

Theodore Kilgore