Hi Alan,

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Alan Nisota wrote:

I have been informed by the manufacturer that the patch currently in the v4l tree to support the Genpix-CW3K version of the hardware will actually damage the firmware on recent units. As he seems to not want this hardware supported in Linux, and I do not know how to detect the difference between affected and not-affected units, I am requesting the immediate removal of support for this device. This patch removes a portion of the changeset dce7e08ed2b1 applied 2007-08-18 relating to this specific device.

Signed off by: Alan Nisota <anis...@gmail.com>

Don't you think it is enough to put a Kconfig option to activate the USB-IDs (by default: off) rather than throwing everything away?

Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettc...@desy.de