On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:36:47 -0400
Devin Heitmueller <devin.heitmuel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Douglas Schilling Landgraf
> <dougsl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Mauro,
> >
> >   Please pull from http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~dougsland/em28xx for
> > the following:
> >
> > - em28xx: convert to v4l2_subdev
> > Thanks to Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> for helping this conversion.
> >
> > Boards tested:
> >
> >  - WinTV HVR-900
> >  - PlayTV Box4
> >  - SIIG AVTuner-PVR
> >  - Pixelview Prolink PlayTV USB 2.0
> >  - Hauppauge WinTV HVR 850
> >  - Pinnacle Dazzle DVC 90
> >  - Pinnacle Dazzle DVC 101
> >  - Pinnacle Dazzle DVC 107
> >  - Gadmei UTV310
> >
> > Changes:
> >
> > # linux/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx-cards.c |  143
> > +++++++++++++++++++-----
> > # linux/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx-core.c  |    9 -
> > # linux/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx-i2c.c   |   72 ------------
> > # linux/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx-video.c |   78 ++++++-------
> > # linux/drivers/media/video/em28xx/em28xx.h       |   10 +
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Douglas
> > --
> >

> Hello Douglas,
>
> This patch looks pretty good.  My only comment is to ask that you
> please not mix large patches like this with whitespace changes in the
> same changeset.

Yes, for large patches, it may valuable to split this into two patches.

> Every instance of code like the above requires me to look at it
> closely and make a determination whether the content *actually*
> changed.

For such large patches, the better way for you to take a look is to patch your
tree with the new patch, and call:

        hg extdiff -p kdiff3

Kdiff3 has some ways to not display whitespace/blank lines. It also works like
a charm when a var is renamed.

Cheers,
Mauro