Manu wrote:
Le 02.04.2009 18:26:18, Simon Kenyon a écrit :
i've been hacking together a epg data grabber
taking pieces from here, there and everywhere

the basic idea is to grab data off-air and generate xmltv format xml
files

the plan is to support DVB, Freesat, Sky (UK and IT) and MediaHighway1
and 2
i have the first two working and am working on the rest

is this of interest to the linuxtv.org community
i asked the xmltv people, but they are strictly perl. i do understand.

very little of this is original work of mine. just some applied google

and a smidgen of C

i could put it up on sf.net if there is no room on linutv.org

if anyone wants the work in progress, then please let me know
it is big released under GPL 3

i want to get it out there because i'm pretty soon going to be at the end of my knowledge and would appreciate help

Hi Simon,
I have hacked something for what is supposedly mediaHighway epg (it is used on CanalSat Caraibes which is affiliated to Canal Satellite from France). I actually have a patch against mythtv (it uses the scanner to get the epg directly). I can provide my patches if needed (will need some time to sort things out abit, especially if you want a stand alone version).
Bye
Manu
i am doing it "stand alone" so i can see what is going on
i would propose to do  mythtv version but that is some way off

don't modify your stuff. i already extracted the freesat code from the mythtv code base
that was a couple of hours work

regards
--
simon